The MindBodyMed Press Mini-Book Proposal serves to help us get a glimpse of the “Big Picture.” A completed MindBodyMed Press Mini-Book Proposal will help us discern your influence as “The Expert” in the field and how to carry your manuscript to market. Your completed proposal will support our evaluation process and decision making whether or not to move forward, and sign you on as an author and publish your title.
The information you are submitting to us in this mini-book proposal needs to persuade us why we should publish your book. The MindBodyMed Press Mini-Book Proposal is wholly about the marketing aspects of your title rather than the book itself. Pondering about the marketing of your title beforehand will help you position yourself as “The Expert” in your field.
It is okay if you never published a book before. New and emerging authors are our business! All we ask that you contribute sufficient information within the context of this proposal so we can bring your book to the market with you, the author, as “The Expert” in the field.
Additional items to consider:
- Use the MindBodyMed Press Mini-Book Proposal as a guide, but do not neglect to add your individual personal flair, in any place that you can.
- Please proofread the manuscript you are attaching numerous times and have a friend proofread it for you. We cannot emphasize this enough: Eliminating spelling mistakes, typos, and grammatical gaffes up-front will dramatically minimize turnaround time.
- Do you have an author photo? Think about taking one! We will not publish your book without one. Black and white! Be as original as you wish with poses, body language, facial expressions, etc. Tip: If you have a book dealing with the end of life decision making, an author photo with a huge grin on your face might not be the appropriate way to go. Be creative, but keep body language and facial expression (even attire), within the context of your manuscript.
- We want to know if the topic is hot! Did Newsweek just do a cover story on recall healing? Did the Wall Street Journal write about how stress chemicals expressed in day traders’ brains influence the markets? Do you have some newsworthy items showing why prayer in cancer patients matters if you are writing about this topic? We would like to know if the topic you are writing about received national news coverage! Include the citations so we can look them up to see how we might help put those in the marketing context of your manuscript!
- Will illustrations or photos accompany your book? Let us know and don’t forget to ask for permission to reprint from the copyright owner now.
Each field of MindBodyMed Press’ Mini-Book Proposal includes a description below the entry field to present you a broad sense why we are requesting this information.
We hope this form will excite you about positioning yourself as “THE Expert” in the field you are communicating about. So, most importantly! Have fun with it!
- Did you read about MindBodyMed Press and why publish with us?
- Did you read the manuscript submission and preparation guidelines?
- Did you read about MindBodyMed Press’ Aims and Scope?
Encouragement from Nikola Tesla:
We could not agree more with Nikola Tesla.
Completing the MindBodyMed Press Mini-Book Proposal
We know that you the prospective author are a busy person, so spending an hour or so on a form is on your list of least favorite things to do. Nevertheless, as I explained above, this information will help MindBodyMed Press to position your title for publishing success from the very beginning.
To make the process more streamlined and so you can work offline we are equipping you with a PDF version of this form. The PDF version of the MindBodyMed Press Mini-Book Proposal also incorporates a screenshot of a front and back cover with corresponding numbers to the form’s fields. This way you can recognize in what way a portion of the information we request in the proposal is utilized on the front and back cover.
The PDF version of the MindBodyMed Press Mini-Book Proposal incorporates screenshots of this form as well. This means you can prepare your entries in a word processor offline, and copy and paste them into the form once you gathered all the information. We highly recommend sending your manuscript to a published expert in the field you are writing about to garner a back cover quote. Just like Kathy did in Item 7 on the back cover of “The Experience of Being Diagnosed with Cancer.”
We also understand that this is only a beginning point, and collectively we will tweak this information to position your title in the best possibly way.
Here is a link to the PDF version of the MindBodyMed Press Mini-Book Proposal. Come back to this page (a link is provided on each page’s footer of the PDF version) whenever you are ready.
Get Started Today!
Find out how MindBodyMed Press can help you unfold your creation into publishing success.
NOTE: When completing the fields with maximum character counts, please bear in mind that this is a count for ALL characters. In other words, a space counts as a character.
Thank you for submitting your manuscript to MindBodyMed Press. Together we are changing the way mind-body scientists, clinicians, and practitioners communicate with the public.
We look forward to helping share your book and expertise around the globe and will be in touch shortly.
The MindBodyMed Press Editorial Team